Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeroni Paul Jeroni Paul is offline

Default Samsung TFT 204b: extreme slow response

On 13 Abr, 11:01, thomas albrecht wrote:
Dear all,

My Samsung 204B has a *very* long response time, black-white several
secs.. white-black ~0.5 sec. This happened instantly while in
operation, and persists ever since. Happens both on DVI and VGA, with
different graphic cards (NVIDIA GF 7600GS and ATI 7500) as well as
without any signal input at all, then showing the wandering "Check
signal cable" window. I opened the case, the caps look OK to me, no
bulging or leaking.

Here's a video showing the slow response. The graphics should be
updated instantly. Instead, it appears more like a fade-inhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tcwLBV3jxs

Any hints are greatly appreciated.
Thomas

This fade looks so nice it seems a feature instead of a fault. Have
you checked all menu options to ensure some weird option has not been
enabled?

Carefully observing the video reveals that going from white to black
is immediate but the opposite is not. The effect reminds me of a
digital clock with weak battery. It could be some weak voltage from
the power supply, probably a bad capacitor.