Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Another state passes Constitutional Carry!

Ignoramus25624 wrote:

What does that have to do with Iggy's question on carrying in bars?

I'll grant you that the ccw permiting process tends to weed people
out at the cost of weeding some people that may really need to be
able to carry that just can't afford the costs involved. Think near
poverty service workers and such.

That "weeding" seems to be a great practice.

The good points of the process is that in most states that have reciprocal agreements it
is based on a certain level of training.

Training is important. Most people have no idea when the use of lethal force is allowed.
Then there is the matter of safe gun handling. Practical matters of just not being in the
wrong place if you can avoid it. People often are clueless about these things.

Then there are the costs. My last renewal was 115.00 for 5 years. Gee, if I had done
something wrong during the previous 5 years I think they would have yanked my permit.
Indiana has lifetime permits now.

I can't remember what I paid for training. I'm a member of a gun club so I got a
discount.

Then there is the increasing cost of firearms driven up by lawsuits funded by anti gun
groups and mayors using public funds. Consider Bloomberg. I'd like to send that boy back
to pre WWII Germany to get a real education on gun control.

Anyway, for many that really need protection that live in poorer communities were there is
a lot of crime and poor police protection that earn a low standard of living, they are
priced out of being able to legally protect themselves.

Do you think the Obama administration would support a tax credit for 'working families' to
get the training and permiting to protect their own families?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller