Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Fix or throw away

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message . uk...
NT explained :
On Apr 17, 5:06 pm, "Clanger" wrote:
Recently (stupidly) bought a used 10" table saw. Set it up today and did
about 3 cuts before it tripped it's inbuilt circuit breaker.

Reset it and turned it back on, it immediately tripped my main board and
does so as soon as I try to start it.

Any thoughts as to likely fault so I can determin if it's worth spending
anymore money on.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Only you can test it to find out what bit's shorting out. We can't.

If its a partial short on the motor it'll be simple to make it work
without even needing to repair. For now, I'd suggest turning the blade
round a bit before restarting it, if it then runs its fairly likely to
be a partial motor short.

No clues were provided as to what types of device actually tripped - overload, MCB, RCD?

I wonder if the "inbuilt circuit breaker" was also an RCD?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%