Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Water Softener Machine

On Apr 17, 7:00�am, Han wrote:

You younger generation kids are funny. You've probably drank so much
e- coli and fecal matter and didn't even know it. The EPA standards
for drinking water is so strick that even if you quadrupled the amount
of e-coli and fecal matter, it wouldn't hurt you anyway.

Ever drink from a stream? A water cooler? A well? A dug well? A little
e-coli is in everybody's intestines all the time anyway. So is fecal
matter. It really isn't as scary as they want you to believe.

Relax Kate. You really don't have to do anything. Everything will be
fine.

Hank

While what you say is true in a strict sense, Hank, reality is sometimes
different. �Life expectancy is longer in developed countries, among
which we should count the US, even rural and inner city areas (ducking),
because of sanitation. �And a water softener system is a great place to
start a culture of bad bugs (DAMHIKT). �Therefore, I would certainly
follow the manufacturer's directions for sanitizing or steilizing the
equipment Kate asks about.

--
Best regards
Han

But we don't subject ourselves to the mass amounts of contamination as
the 3rd world does on a daily basis.

A little dirt never hurt anybody.

Hank