Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Event EZbus digital mixer not booting , LCD message says: "becoming EZbus..."

Meat Plow wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:56:25 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Dead as all functions controlled digitally, except for the display

showing
initial message.
This is someone else's broken one, posted out there and no response
"The power turns on and the green LED's next to the System and Audio

buttons
flash for a second and then the LCD displays "becoming EZbus... It does

not
advance from there. "

This one has that message but no LED response. x5 visual inspection over
the main board shows nothing amiss. DC rail voltages agree with the
regulator types, reseated cable connectors. Not explored ESR of caps etc
yet, any ideas to look for on Monday?

Lots of goodies inside like USB interface, Word Clock, SPDIF, MMC, all
needing a fair amount of CPU control. My guess is the CPU is not
completing its POST for some unknown reason. Maybe there is a way to
physically reset the CPU like on a laptop where you're given a pinhole
to do this. Or a battery that can be removed to clear the CMOS.

No battery or F-cap found unless on the analogue board.
Start up is the same as that other one , I'd not noticed the 2 LEDs flashing
on for 1 second.

Changed 3 , 0.47uF caps of ESR 25 to 30R but system still hangs. Beyond
checking oscillation around each of the 3 crystals its then a matter of
seeing if there are data sheets for the main chips