Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Correlation: Woodworkers and Computer Vets

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:28:35 -0400, the infamous "John Grossbohlin"
scrawled the following:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Bill" wrote in message

Someone mentioned the other day that there seems to be a high
correlation
between woodworkers and computer-oriented folks. After giving the
matter
serious consideration for about two minutes, it occurred to me that the
computer-oriented folks were the most likely to get to this newsgroup.
How big is the percentage of non-computer-oriented folks who are
familiar
with Usenet?

It would be extremely rare for a non-computer oriented person to know
about USENET. A better question is, "How many computer users know about
USENET? Very few from my experience. Off the top of my head, I know of
one other out of dozens of people connected to the internet.

...and how many of them were using the Internet before the World Wide Web?

THAT will quickly pare the number down.

I was using RIME BBSes before the WWW, but that drew me to the
Internet.

Internet, RIME and Relay Net... and then Mosaic. Of course there wasn't much
to browse at that point. ;~)

John