Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Garden Shed

On 4/17/2010 7:22 AM, ransley wrote:
On Apr 17, 5:04 am, wrote:
I have a decent-sized shed on my property, and am concerned about skunks
living underneath it.

It is sitting on top of cinder blocks, and some long pieces of wood. I
am not sure just what type of wood, etc., as I can't see much underneath it.

It is best to just leave it open (opening is small enough that my 5 lb.
Yorkie can't get underneath it), or enclose it with more cinder blocks.

I am not too worried about termites as the shed is sitting on top of
gravel.

I have been searching the internet and am still not sure what to do.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Kate

Put screen around the bottom

As to screening, I was told by my local
Animal Control to use the 1/2" hardware
cloth screening. They told me to attach
it to the structure, mine was a concrete
stoop where the skunk were digging under
the stoop. Then, and most importantly,
the hardware cloth should go vertically
down underground about 1/2 foot and then
90 degrees out for at lease a foot or 2.
I did this. I didn't want to drill
and screw the hardware cloth into the
concrete, so I just made a 90 degree
piece, 6" vertical and about a foot