Mark Jerde

Default buying a dust collector

Loves Wood wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the market for a dust collection system for my
garage/workshop. I have done some comparative shopping, and I have
narrowed it down to either Delta or Jet. I'm leaning more towards
Jet's, but I just don't know. If you have either of these brands,
please reply back and let me know what you think about it. I just
don't trust the reviews on Amazon!

Thanks

I have a Jet low-end DC, a Sears shop vac, a filter on a box fan, and a
shop-built sanding table (based on a squirrel cage furnace fan). However,
none of these captures the ultra-fine dust that is a long-term health
hazard. I'm pinching pennies to put together a system to get rid of this
very fine dust. Here is a starting point.
http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworki...lone/index.cfm

That said, my Jet DC gets the dust just fine from my 13.5" planer and 6"
jointer. The shop vac gets most of the dust from my router table and
contractor saw. (The contractor saw has most of the air gaps sealed.)

Because my mother developed lung problems in her 60's, I'm looking to
capture the itsy-bitsy dust particles.

-- Mark