Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,alt.microcontrollers.8bit,sci.electronics.misc
m II m II is offline

Default MikroElektronica experimenteer board

Bill Garber wrote:

BinaryExpr(ExprT1 e1, ExprT2 e2,BinOp op=BinOp()) : _expr1(e1),_expr2(e2),_op(op) {} double eval() const { return
_op(_expr1.eval(),_expr2.eval()); }
mike

AHHHHHHHH!!!, what the heck is that? |:^O

BTW, I started to learn C once, for the Apple II,
and I quit that really quickly. Anything that can
do in 100 lines, I can do in Assembly in 25 lines.

I'm a rank beginner with only a bit of programming behind me. I can do a
bit of Pascal and did a bit of elementary Fortran back in '84.

My present association with C wasn't really my choice. I picked up an
Arduino board a few weeks ago and the user interface is a version of C.
There are enough examples in the open software kit that I can cut and
paste together enough code to do a solar tracker or heating setup.

From what little I've seen of it and my own limited experience, I'm
very tempted to say that C is a dog's breakfast. I may well be wrong,
but at this stage I still use a long stick to poke at it.

I also started with small computers (Commodore Vic 20 and C64) outfitted
with a Forth cartridge. I wanted to drive a little homemade plotter.

It was a disaster. Not the coding so much, but the mechanics of the
machine. I used 1/4 inch threaded rod for the X and Y axis movements.
They were driven by four wire stepper motors.

Up until that time I didn't have a real appreciation for the term
'resonance'.

At full tilt, I swear I could see the rods forming portions of a sine
wave. Noisy too.

mike