Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On Apr 16, 11:48*am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

A growth business? Hell yes. The guys at Vectric have done a fantastic
job creating the Aspire software making it, in relative terms, a lot
easier to create works of art. Even though my cnc is a General, the
ShopBot community is just incredible with help for newbs like myself.
===

You make a lousy neander.

LOL...I have made some facsimiles of furniture and stuff. I own a hand
plane and a scorp, not to mention an adz. I have created adztech.

===
I just wish I had done this 10+ years ago.
=========

I would guess that the technology, support, CNC machines, etc are much
better today than ten years ago. *And Morris had not built his machine and
begun his CNC subversiveness.

Oh well...., *better late than never.

It *is* indeed Morris' fault. Absolutely. I will be forever grateful
for his subversiveness. Sometimes I need a nudge. I was always cnc-
curious. Damned machines made way too much sense but were boat-loads
of money when I last looked at them. Those machines were always a
proposition that included fully booked work schedules, trained staff
and very expensive software. Now they make sense on a more one-off
custom level.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/VV2part.jpg