Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default At what PSI does a plastic soda bottle explode? (home CO2 carbonation)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:10:19 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:57:03 -0400, dgk wrote:

I'll take a look - that would be a good thing. I don't recall that I
ever saw a manual.

It's one of the bright red or orange bits on the side. Just a little
lever attached to a cam that constricts the hose as you rotate it.

You are correct and you have made my life a little bit better. That
horn was really too loud and now I can attenuate it so the target
doesn't die of a heart attack. It gets so messy when that happens.

I have to attach it to my new bike. I don't bother using it during the
winter because there aren't that many joggers clogging the bike lanes.
Now they're out in full force.

For pedestrians and joggers, I find that clicking my brake levers is
usually sufficient to alert them. It doesn't hurt to call out "On your
left" as you approach, so they hopefully don't move the wrong way to
evade you.

I use the horn (at full volume) for cars that do anything threatening,
like pulling out of a driveway yakking on their cell phone.

It's very effective at getting their attention.

Clicking the brake lever? For folks blasting music into their ears? I
have an actual bell on the bike and they don't hear that.