Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Existential Angst Existential Angst is offline

Default Sheet rock screws: fine vs coarse thread?

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Twayne wrote:
Bob Engelhardt typed:
Ah, not so. Well, sometimes, maybe. The fine thread
screws are double-threaded, ...

No, they are not double-threaded. ...

Well, rather than get into a ****ing contest, I took a picture. It's a
drywall screw, with paint stick filling its grooves and a pick run in one
thread:

Dats a pretty ingenious technique!

Just looking at it, I would not have suspected double grooves!

I wonder what that double grooving really accomplishes, ito the mechanical
interaction between the screw and wood, or the screw and thin stud metal.

--
EA

http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/DrywallScrew.jpg

That this DW screw IS double threaded is clear. I did not assert that
they all are - I haven't looked at all of them. Apparently you have not
either.

HTH,
Bob