Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deck Wood Question ?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:28:35 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Have the typical outside Deck constructed of (some type of) pressure
treated wood.

Have several flower pots, and good size planters on it.
When it rains, or course, water seeps between the bottom of the planters
which are absolutely flat and the wood. I guess mainly by capillary action.

This can't be good for the wood, as the water, with no way of
evaporating stays there, and the wood therefore stays wet for a Very
long time.

Is this something to worry about or be concerned with ?

if a problem, what would you recommend for weather-proof small feet to
glue or fasten to bottoms of the planters and pots ?

Thanks,
Bob

This can be a very serious problem leading to rot. Rest each pot on
a trivet. I use wooden sticks, half-inch thick, two for each pot. No
need to fasten the sticks to anything.