Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Aron Nick Aron is offline

Default Attaching cedar baseboard to drywall [problem]

Hello All,

I have a problem with some cedar baseboard. We got it straight from a
mill. It took us 2 days to sand and tint 30 meters of it.

The problem is that the wood either came with or has developed a
slight bend. The bends range in all directions and in almost all
pieces (a couple are straight).

The main issue I have right now is that these are not going into
concrete walls like the rest of my house they are going into drywall
so I acquired a tube of a no nails type of glue. The problem is though
that I can't force the baseboard into the correct position without
securing it with something.

Here are some options i've thinking about:

- Nail some finishing nails to the bottom rail that runs on the floor
(1/4" is used up by the floor though) and use the glue.

- Nail long steel nails through the drywall and into the concrete wall
behind it (possible on 3 walls and all the stairs) ofcourse glue would
be applied as well.

- Glue a section of the baseboard. Leave it for a couple hours and
then come back and glue the next part, etc. This could potentially
take an eternity.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Nick