Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Belt sander

On Apr 15, 12:08*pm, Neil Brooks wrote:
On Apr 14, 8:09*pm, "

wrote:
On Apr 13, 10:22*pm, "Max" wrote:

My Elu 3 X 21 belt sander bit the dust, (heh-heh)
Recommendations for a replacement? *
My gratitude will be undying.
(dust collection will be a significant feature)

Max

I have a Makita 4x24 belt sander. *Its a good sander I guess.
Powerful. *LONG cord. *OK dust collection I guess. *Belt tracks well.
But of all the tools I've bought over the years, the belt sander fits
into the "I wish I would not have bought it" category. *Just not all
that ueful for me. *I have hand planes that can smooth a surface far
quicker and easier.

Russell-

But ... DO you wear a helmet, when using your belt sander ?

Sorry. *Your name was familiar from the bicycling forums ;-)- Hide quoted text -

Earplugs and safety glasses. You have to fit the safety equipment to
the task. Probably should wear some kind of breathing gear too since
you do create dust with the belt sander.