Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Adding air

On Apr 15, 7:02*am, wrote:
On Apr 13, 6:19*pm, mm wrote:

Window ACs work better when you don't waste a window on
them. *Most
come with optional cases meant for going through a wall, but
you might
not need even that.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:40:41 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Window AC draw air in the sides, to dump the heat out the
back. If you put them in a metal sleeve, they stop working.

Then why do they make metal sleeves for them? *Why do apartments come
with metal sleeves already installed, waiting for ACs to be bought?

Why do motels always have their ACs in the metal sleeves? *I'm sure
the motel AC worked. *It's longer ago, but I'm sure my brother's
apartment AC also worked.

I'd have to take a closer look, but doesn't enough of the AC unit
stick out past the metal sleve so that the air intake fins are past
the sleve and outside? *Or alternatively, the sleeve could be wide
enough so that there is an inch or so clearance on either side. * In
any case, they must work because they are common.- Hide quoted text -

So what do you guys think?