Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default garbage disposer advice?

james wrote:
I'm replacing a 25 year old garbage disposer for my kitchen sink.

It looks like there are several different type of mounting and sink
flange. Is there one type that's better?

I don't plan to keep the old sink flange; it's dirty anyway, so
compatibility is not an issue. However the cabinet is small and I prefer
not to have to move the pipes, so a compact unit is preferred (no taller
than 13 inches, and diameter no more than 7-inches at the widest).

I saw the review in consumer reports as well. If you have other
suggestions please let me know.

Hi,
ISE has twist lock type mounting.
Very easy to do.