Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RubbishRat RubbishRat is offline

Default using the Pace VF90

"RubbishRat"

Does anyone here have experience using the Pace VF90

desoldering
station?
I have just aquired one of these as I thought it was a self
contained unit but I find I need a gas feed? and a vacuum
source? I honestly thought that this thing used hot air and

that
there would be a built in pump. I've done the usual

googling but
can't find any really useful info. I have a small

compressor
which might do if the gas inlet is just compressed air, and

might be able to rig up something for the vacuum as long as

it
doesn't need to be too powerful. Any help/advice

appreciated or
this thing might end up back on ebay.

** This the one ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pace-VF-90-Des...ework-station-

Vacu-flow-
Unit_W0QQitemZ350334776198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Au dioElectroni
csVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes?hash=item51919 47386

At 55 UK pounds you had to be a bit suspicious....

.... Phil

Hi Phil,
Yes, thats the one,
Yeah, I suppose so, but it IS new, and seemed very cheap to
me. It seems to be working OK, so I'm sure with a little help
from my friends (hint) I can get some valuable use from it.
If not there is always the option to re ebay it. Nothing
ventured and all that :^)
Pete
--
Just add a little Rub to email me :^)