Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it just me?

"Steve B" wrote in message
I see lots of ads on TV for cordless drills. In almost every case, they
are
chucked up to a simple #2 Phillips bit. Why is that? Don't they know
about
all the quick change extensions? I have used just a bit in a pinch, but
many times, the chuck runs into the wood or something else. Plus there is
no slider to hold the screws until they get started. Do you use an
extension or not? I almost always do.

Steve

I use a quick change holder and appropriate bit. Often, I have one drill
with drill bit for the pilot holes or a counterbore, the other with the
driver. Rarely use the slider as it is not really needed with a pilot hole
and countersink.