Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Mount outdoor outlet to stucco wall

Robert Neville wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Two screws on a diagonal should work fine as long as they are long
enough to find something to bite into behind the stucco.

Or just use wall anchors (plastic plugs) in the stucco.

Stucco here is typically thicker than 1/2". I cut a plastic anchor to
fit the depth of stucco and use a screw long enough to go through the
sheathing. The plastic anchor also seals the hole. I would seal the top
and usually the sides between the box and stucco with silicone caulk and
drill a small drain hole in the bottom of the box. Nice to point wire
nuts (if any) up so they don't fill with water. If using a waterproof
receptacle cover I like the box horizontal because the cover is stronger.

--
bud--