Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dchou4u@hotmail.com is offline

Default Unscrew Kohler faucet handle - help...

On Apr 13, 12:00*pm, Joe wrote:
On Apr 13, 12:03*am, "
wrote:

I am trying to unscrew my Kohler faucet but it just not giving in. Do
I need to use a strap wrench or something? I don't want to scratch the
chrome surface. I took 3 photos. It's the one in photo2.jpg.

Thanks

http://sopmedia.com/sopguest/kohler/...media.com/sopg...

To make things easier, why not shut off all water valves, disassemble
the drain system and simply remove the whole sink from the counter
top? This has been a pro trick for years, and eliminates the need to
struggle with a basin wrench. This procedure takes a only a matter of
minutes and the resulting work is much tidier than the typical DIY
struggle. Good luck.

Joe

I bought a strap wrench yesterday from HD for $30 and tried to unscrew
the faucet handle, but it is not moving at all. The chrome is really
slippery. I put a rubber sheet on the chrome to try to get more
traction, but it is still not moving. Any idea how I can unscrew it?