Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Drywall

On Apr 14, 2:08*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 14, 8:12*am, stryped wrote:

In a garage can I put just enough compound to cover the mesh tape and
it look ok? (It is a garage, not *living space). I would paint the
walls maybe semi gloss white though for light.

Yep, one coat is fine. *Like I said earlier, if you run the 10' boards
vertically, you won't have any but joints and the tapered joints are
the easiest part. *They're almost hard to mess up.

Look at this another way - a garage is the perfect place to practice
your taping skills, so when the opportunity arises inside the house,
you'll be ready.

There are pluses and minuses to any wall covering, but drywall is the
easiest to repair if it does get dinged. *If you expect the walls to
take abuse, 4' high paneling over the drywall would be the ticket.

Wont there be butt joints at the corners?