Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Leafproof gutter covers.

dadiOH wrote:

Do you want to divert the water or disperse it? If the latter, the
louvered
"gutters" would work. The only drawback I can see is that leaves could
tend
to sit on them, should be easy to remedy with a blower from the ground.
http://rainhandler.com/

Interseting.... but I need to divert the water.

Insurance companies spec gutters??

Yes they can.... and a lot of other things too. Leaf filled gutters are a
primary cause of house fires in fire prone areas. Often you will see a house
some distance from a wildfire, with the attic on fire due to embers landing
in the gutters. Most of the insurance companies in our area are now requiring
enclosed gutters, or they will decline to renew. Those that aren't yet, will
undoubtably be doing so in the future.