Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default using the Pace VF90

"RubbishRat"

Does anyone here have experience using the Pace VF90 desoldering
station?
I have just aquired one of these as I thought it was a self
contained unit but I find I need a gas feed? and a vacuum
source? I honestly thought that this thing used hot air and that
there would be a built in pump. I've done the usual googling but
can't find any really useful info. I have a small compressor
which might do if the gas inlet is just compressed air, and I
might be able to rig up something for the vacuum as long as it
doesn't need to be too powerful. Any help/advice appreciated or
this thing might end up back on ebay.

** This the one ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pace-VF-90-Des...item5191947386

At 55 UK pounds you had to be a bit suspicious....

..... Phil