Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Obama Economy

On Apr 14, 3:50*pm, Hawke wrote:

Dan,

I would buy Ford before I bought GM too but the reason I brought it up
is because of the announcement by GM last week that they would soon be
returning to profitability. Can we agree that having a profitable GM
once again is a better alternative than to have had them go bankrupt? If
you can admit that then you have to agree the government did the right
thing in helping them out. If you are paying attention to investing you
have to be aware that things are improving all over the place. At some
point credit for that is going to have to go to Obama's handling of the
economy. Of course, there will be those who will not admit that no
matter what.

Hawke

I agree that a profitable GM is better than having them go bankrupt.
And if GM does become profitable and stay that way, the government did
the right thing.

And if GM does not become and stay profitable, the government did the
wrong thing. I think we will know the answer in about three years.
My preference is that they stay profitable. But I think it is too
early to be sure what will happen.

Dan