Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default The Obama Economy

Hawke wrote:
On 4/13/2010 3:37 AM, wrote:
On Apr 12, 11:33 pm, wrote:

You're not much into investing are you? If you were you would have
heard the president of GM saying just last week that he expected
the company to go back to profitability in the next quarter. GM is
turning around and will be a profitable company again. All it took
was some backing from the government to keep it going long enough
to come back. And you think that was a mistake? I don't think
giving advice to the government on how to deal with financial
problems is your line of work. You better stick with what you do
now.

Hawke

Actually I have a lot of investments. I am retired and the income
from my investments is more than my pension and Social Security
combined.

I would buy Ford before I bought GM or Chrysler. If I were looking
to buy car companies right now, I would be looking at Toyota. They
have better long term prospects than GM.

Dan

Dan,

I would buy Ford before I bought GM too but the reason I brought it up
is because of the announcement by GM last week that they would soon be
returning to profitability. Can we agree that having a profitable GM
once again is a better alternative than to have had them go bankrupt?
If you can admit that then you have to agree the government did the
right thing in helping them out. If you are paying attention to
investing you have to be aware that things are improving all over the
place. At some point credit for that is going to have to go to
Obama's handling of the economy. Of course, there will be those who
will not admit that no matter what.

The sooner GM kicks the bucket, and they will, the better.

--
John R. Carroll