Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default The Obama Economy

On 4/13/2010 3:37 AM, wrote:
On Apr 12, 11:33 pm, wrote:

You're not much into investing are you? If you were you would have heard
the president of GM saying just last week that he expected the company
to go back to profitability in the next quarter. GM is turning around
and will be a profitable company again. All it took was some backing
from the government to keep it going long enough to come back. And you
think that was a mistake? I don't think giving advice to the government
on how to deal with financial problems is your line of work. You better
stick with what you do now.

Hawke

Actually I have a lot of investments. I am retired and the income
from my investments is more than my pension and Social Security
combined.

I would buy Ford before I bought GM or Chrysler. If I were looking to
buy car companies right now, I would be looking at Toyota. They have
better long term prospects than GM.

Dan

Dan,

I would buy Ford before I bought GM too but the reason I brought it up
is because of the announcement by GM last week that they would soon be
returning to profitability. Can we agree that having a profitable GM
once again is a better alternative than to have had them go bankrupt? If
you can admit that then you have to agree the government did the right
thing in helping them out. If you are paying attention to investing you
have to be aware that things are improving all over the place. At some
point credit for that is going to have to go to Obama's handling of the
economy. Of course, there will be those who will not admit that no
matter what.

Hawke