Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Drywall

On Apr 14, 8:37*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
stryped wrote:
If I were to put drywall in my garage, then cover with the pre painted
water resistant 1/8 inch boards at Lowes, would the tapered ends of
the drywall be visable? I am debating going with OSB under those or
drywall.

This is a detached garage, right?

If so, why bother with drywall? It's main purpose is fire retardation and
that's usually not much of an issue in a detached garage.

Drywall has only a minuscule insulation property (R=0.45) which can be
almost matched with 1/4" plywood (R=0.31).

I guess I wanted it to look halfway decent. Something I could be
pround of.