Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Lawn Tractor Trouble Update

On Apr 13, 8:10 pm, Oren wrote:

Have the helper hold the metal wire terminal and then yank the cord.

What happens next G

Andy comments:

Actually, that's a good way to test the lmagneto. however, I remove
the
wire from the plug terminal and hold the wire, in case the plug is
shorted. By pulling the cord slowly, I'll get a small ljolt. It isn't
dangerious,
or a big deal. Then I put the wire on the plug and touch the tip and
pull
the cord, slowly. I should get the same level of jolt if the plug
isn't
shorted of fouled.
There's nothing dangerous about this, and it isn't very unpleasant,
unless one has a phobia about small shocks. It's also very very
quick, and can be done in full daylight. It's also good to make
sure your hands aren't wet or sweaty :))))

Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS Don't do this with an electric start machine unless you are well
prepared to shout "Eureka "....