Posted to sci.electronics.repair
thomas albrecht thomas albrecht is offline

Default Samsung TFT 204b: extreme slow response

Hi William!

have you tried just unplugging the monitor from power and
letting it sit for a while?

Thanks for your suggestion! Actually, it has been sitting powered off
& disconnected for several months after it broke. I only recently
leaned about the many problems with bulging capacitors of this
particular TFT, so I decided to give it a try and look inside. The
youtube video, however, I took just the other day, so, unfortunately,
this seems to be more like a long-term problem...

Thomas