Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Safety of microwave cooking

On Apr 13, 10:59*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
GregS wrote:

Heating food can make it taste damm good.
It usually makes eating dead animal meat more tolerable.

* *You prefer your meat still be alive?

My original question concerned the food however since we're on the
subject, it is a well known fact that living tissue undergoes
biological changes, even if minute changes when exposed to RF energy.
This especially holds true for microwave. Several years ago beat
patrolmen used VHF portable radios before they came equipped with
external microphones. These kluges were big and heavy, had six watt
finals and were nicknamed "bricks". You held them up to the side of
your face to communicate. Beat cops used these for years. I believe
that it was a city in Connecticut where a high incidence of eye
problems were noticed among this group of patients. The only logical
common denominator was the RF exposure. Perhaps this is a matter of
semantics but getting back to my original comment, aren't "biological
changes" the very definition of cancer? Lenny