Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On 13 Apr 2010 20:38:49 GMT, the infamous (Scott
Lurndal) scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques writes:
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:48:57 -0400, the infamous Bill
scrawled the following:

I've been reading James Krenov's book, "A Cabinet Makers Notebook".
I just finished the first chapter on "Wood". He gives the reader
plenty of opportunity to "learn something"! : )

FWIW, it was Krenov's book, "The Fine Art of Cabinet Making" that I was
referring too. I've got them both on my "current reading" shelf and
sometimes I alternate. In case anyone is would like to know, something
that makes these books special is the Reverence with which he wrote
about his craft. He also wrote with a sadness about the market for
truly finely made furniture. He was a very thoughtful worker of wood.

You can buy a copy for only about a grand on Amazon right now. thud
http://fwd4.me/LRn -no- indication that they might be signed.
Don't you hate blatant opportunists? These same 3 guys probably sold
bottled water for $25 a pint after Katrina.

A fair deal is when both buyer and seller agree on a price. Amazon
only shows the seller's side. They won't get any bites at that
price.

Especially when other copies are available from the same page for $17
and change. g

There's a considerable difference between a non-essential book
and the substance of life (h2o).

Are you saying that these three sellers are _not_ sleazes, trying to
take advantage of Krenov's recent passing?

I'd take $900+ for my copy of 'The Fine Art of Cabinetmaking' if
anyone offers ...

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)