Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default A short story

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:05:24 -0500, Ignoramus11847

On 2010-04-13, Steve B wrote:

I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to
avoid another scorpion sting.

I'm freezing my ass off on this stupid hill because my lap warmer is
running out of juice, and I can't recharge it until the sun comes up in a
few

OK, enough. Snuffie will be up soon, so I have to get back to my hole.
Covering my tracks in the snow takes a lot of practice, but I'm good at
it.

I have never heard of scorpions living in the snow.

Otherwise, the story is very touching.

They do live in snowy areas including Afghanistan. They go dormant
and don't hunt during cold conditions, but they can come out of
dormancy quite quickly. (see cite) If this guy sometimes has a
working lap warmer and the scorpions can sense that, he may well
attract them and get nailed periodically as looking like a food
opportunity.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...scorpions.html