Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Drywall

On Apr 13, 4:42*pm, stryped wrote:
On Apr 13, 1:52*pm, Joe wrote:

On Apr 13, 9:10*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

snip
I am building a garage and would also like something less fragile than
drywall as a wall covering. *But so far I have not found any drywall
alternatives that are price competitive and somewhat fire resistant.
If you figure something out I'd like to hear about it.

Do your garage in 5/8" drywall and you meet fire codes in some areas.
That thickness is not really 'fragile' unless you run your Escalade
into it full tilt. Finish off with those trick hanger panels for tools
and such and it will look rather nice. Plan on an epoxy floor finish
and you'll be one happy camper.

Joe

Thing is I am not crazy about mudding the drywall

What does that mean? Do you not trust your taping skills? Not sure
of your construction, but if you run the boards vertically, and use
long enough boards, you'll only have to tape the tapered edges
abutting - piece of cake.