Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_7_] Zootal[_7_] is offline

Default LG dishwashers from Korea - any good?

SMS wrote in
:

On 09/04/10 3:32 PM, Zootal wrote:
I went to Home Depot today and saw some LG dishwashers, from Korea.
Not cheap, nice looking. Anyone know anything about them, ie are they
any good and likely to last at least a few years?

Much more reliable than any of the U.S. brands. The only concern is
that parts availability it likely to be problematic though you're less
likely to ever need parts.

My higher end Maytag dishwasher has had two repair visits for recalls,
plus I spent about $200 on replacement racks after the originals
rusted. Next time it breaks I'll get an LG. I've been to one of the LG
factories in Korea and it's very impressive. They are producing
products as good as the Japanese companies now. Good cafeteria too,
with all the kim-chi you can eat on every table!

Ohhh....kimchi on the tables! That itself is good enough of a reason to
visit them!! You know how hard it is to find kim-chi cucumber or kim-chi
radish in the Pacific Northwest?

drooolllsss.....