Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Safety of microwave cooking

snip

Probably not. Microwave heating (you can't very well call it "cooking")
has
been around for 60 years. If there were a risk, it probably would have
been
discovered by now.

Why can't you call it "cooking" ? If the device changes the structure of the
food in some way by the process of heating it, then I would call that
cooking. I make scrambled eggs in the microwave. When I take them out, they
have changed from raw eggs to cooked eggs, exactly the same as if they had
been cooked in a pan ... Canned soup is a different matter. That has
already been cooked at the factory, and in that case, the microwave oven
does not change the structure any further. It *does* merely heat it.

I particularly like the way microwave ovens handle bacon.

So, how's that then ? Is your bacon still raw when it comes out ? Merely
heated ?

Arfa