Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default repairing lead bend leak

On Apr 12, 2:10*pm, harry wrote:
On Apr 12, 5:29 pm, Mikepier wrote:

I believe I have a leak in the lead bend of my toilet. Fortunately,
its not leaking where it goes into the cast iron waste pipe stack, but
I think it has a small hole or cracked somwhere past the toilet
flange. I have to remove more of the ceiling in the basement to see.
Are there any ways to seal a lead bend leak? Epoxy or J-weld?

If it's a pinhole, you could put a self tapping screw in. (A short one
that doesn't project into the pipe & snag you paper!) Doesn't work on
a crack.

Screws don't come in lead, and dissimilar metals in the presence of
water is guaranteed to corrode.