Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Adding air

On Apr 12, 11:03*pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:19:54 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a 30x30 metal building. I have no windows. What would be the
best and cheapest way to air condition it? I thought about a window
unit but I have no windows

Window ACs work better when you don't waste a window on them. *Most
come with optional cases meant for going through a wall, but you might
not need even that.

and not sure if cutting the corregated
metal would work right.

Depends on the construction. You can easily cut a hole, but supporting a big
enough AC will take some extra reinforcement. *Add a couple of braces that
take the weight on the ground. * In reality, all you have to do is cut an
opening the size of the ac, make a tray for it to rest on with legs secured
in the ground, both inside and outside if needed, put the AC into place.

This reminds me of how I installed an AC in a 5th floor window. * I
was afraid it would fall out when in installed it or when I opened the
window, so I made shelf, well nailed (nails at opposite angles) to the
window sill, and supported on the cement ledge. *Worked fine for the
small AC. If only I'd made it 20 inches deep instead of ten......

Next is air circulation. *You may want to have a fan blowing the air around
inside as 30' is a long way to go. *As for size, that depends on how much
insulation and ceiling height, etc. *You may need two if you go for window
shakers. *They will be 220V on the larger size too.

You can always go for a split system.- Hide quoted text -

It is a metal building aand roof. It will have a 10 foot ceiling.
Above that is the attic area.