Posted to alt.home.repair
hibb hibb is offline

Default Lawn Tractor Trouble Update

I promised when I got this fixed I would post the results.

Last fall, I was having trouble with my lawn tractor and posted about
it. The tractor would run for about a half hour and then just stop. It
would have to sit for two or three hours before it would start again.
This machine has a 15 hp Kohler engine in it.

I got through the last few mowings last year without ever getting it
fixed but when I went to mow for the first time this year it didn't
want to start but finally did. It ran for about 20 minutes and quit. I
let it sit all night and tried to start it the next day and it would
not start at all.

But this year when I pulled the cover off of the engine I noticed the
likely problem right away. It was the magneto or what we used to call
the coil. I don't know how I over looked that last year. It has been a
while since I have had to work on an engine. I replaced the spark plug
but completely ignored the thing the spark plug wire ran to.

Oh well, it's fixed now at least.

David