Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill47@yahoo.com is offline

Default Safety of microwave cooking

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:47:52 -0700 (PDT), klem kedidelhopper
wrote:

I was speaking to a friend the other day about microwave cooking and
he told me that he was under the impression that during microwave
heating of food the molecular structure is changed to a state which
may be either carcinogenic or somehow otherwise unhealthful for human
consumption. I understand that molecules are vibrated during microwave
exposure and I think that I've heard that if you heat something until
it is a hard unrecognizable crunchy lump then maybe that could be
true. But for general reheating of food or beverages is there a
concern?
I will never trust manufacturers who's agendas are purely financially
driven to tell me the truth and I still don't believe that irradiating
oneself with a blue tooth headset for hours on end or even using a
cell phone for that matter can ever be in the least bit
healthful...Lenny

Tell your friend to do a little research on the differences between
ionizing and non-ionizing radiation. Also, studying the molecular
changes caused by conventional cooking will give many more reasons for
baseless fears.

The fact is, humanoids have been on Earth for over 4 million years.
The best accepted evidence for the earliest use of fire is 790,000
years ago. I'd say that in the 40,000 generations that humans have
been cooking their food we've pretty well adapted to whatever changes
cooking causes.

You should also point out to your friend the health problems
associated with living in a constant state of fear.

PlainBill