Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BRASTO BRASTO is offline

Default Marantz DV6200 No-Disk

On 13 apr, 05:20, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Brasto"

This Marantz DV6200 fails to play the DVD.

** *It's over 8 years old *- * right ?

It does plays CD's
perfectly, but using a DVD you can see the Laser head is trying to
focus, the tracking sled is moving towards the center of the DVD, the
disk spins up and this proces repeats itself 3 times and after that NO
DISK is displayed. The DVD cannot be removed using STOP/OPEN, I have
to reintialize main power.

Any suggestions what to troubleshoot and/or replace?

** Good chance the red laser has failed - *the one that reads DVDs

.... *Phil

Hi Phil, you are close to the year of manufacture, it was actually
2003...
If the red laser is the cause of failure, it will be the end of my
repair attempt as replacement of the component may cost EUR 150,
correct?

As I explained to David before, I donot think it is the spindle motor,
this spindlemotor is a multi phase AC driven device and not the
lowcost DC garbage which one could find in lowcost CD-players....