Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:07:05 -0500, Robert Bonomi wrote:

Yuppers on the oddness - my impression was that the CDC management team
had never quite been able to decide what they wanted to do when they
grew up. At one point they were even in the windmill business.

And they built computers that couldn't add!

They faked addition by 'complement and subtract'. (true!!)

That said, they were some of my favorite hardware to work on.

The high-level architecture was positively elegant in it's simplicity
and regularity.

There was a saying back in those days that the perfect computer would
have CPU by CDC, peripherals by IBM, and software by GE.

GE? The Datanet 30?