Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default 80 year old waterpump that still works

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:22:39 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

Interesting hypothesis (I'm assuming that you're excluding consumable
goods). To turn it around another way, can anyone think of a maker of
crappy "durable" goods that has been in business a long time, and making
crappy goods all that time?

Chris

American auto makers?

Seriously, what's a reasonably balanced view of American cars? I mean,
it's a large market, so there's probably a lot of variety, but surely
they can't all be crap? Otherwise you'd be dumb to buy them, right? I
remember taking a fairly old American taxi in Niagara Falls (a few years
ago now), probably an '80s Ford Crown Victoria, and thinking it was a
sweet ride.

Chris

Made about 15 miles from here - just hope that the assemblers were not
suffering DT's or over indulgence in whatever recreational medication
they were on at the time that vehicle was passing through. Latest from
that front is that police forces in Texas can buy that Crown Victoria
Police Interceptor for about 70% of what the local commission has to
pay. Oh yeah, and they are closing that plant and discontinuing that
model after next years production.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada