Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT How the Corporations Broke Ralph Nader and America, Too.

Bill McKee wrote:

I have an acquaintance that still has the GTO convertible he bought new. He
went in looking at a LeMans and notice the GTO in the corner. Salesmen said
just an overpowered car, don't buy. Great selling point.

I had a red '66 GTO. I bought it with a blown engine and a slipping
Power glide transmission. I paid $400 when it was six years old. I
rebuilt the engine and replaced the Power glide with a Turbohydromatic
400 three speed automatic, which required a custom 26" driveshaft. I
had a lot of fun rebuilding that car. Then it sat in storage most of the
time I was on active duty, in the US Army.