Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding air

stryped wrote:
I have a 30x30 metal building. I have no windows. What would be the
best and cheapest way to air condition it? I thought about a window
unit but I have no windows and not sure if cutting the corregated
metal would work right.

I've installed Bard package units and I like them because they're
high quality and have a lot of options. I installed one in a pizza
place that needed extra cooling in the kitchen during warmer months.
It's a metal building and the installation went quite well. I ordered
grills for it since we in stalled it through the wall without any
duct work. The discharge is a few inches from the ceiling and the
return is a few feet lower. It's a four ton 3 phase unit with several
factory options including a phase protection module to protect the
unit from any power problems, high and low pressure cutouts, low ambient
temperature control and the 2" thick pleated filter option. It's given
zero trouble in four years. the only maintenance has been changing
filters and cleaning the condenser once a year. Pizza places are very
rough on air conditioners.

http://www.bardhvac.com/app_cntr_apps_ac_5ton.shtml

TDD