Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Waterlogged Pressure Tank- Update

I emptied the tank today and the pressure was 0 as many of you had
expected. Since the tank had been in place since 1977, I replaced it,
assuming this was no small bladder leak that could be "nursed."
Everything works perfectly now. The old tank was a 20 gallon tank, and
I replaced it with an identical Well-X-Trol. The tank has a drawdown
of about 5 gals at 30-50 psi range.
Obviously I didn't have to deal with the repressurization issue.
I got great service and an excellent price from F.W. Webb-- but
only after calling a second store. The guy at the first store said he
couldn't sell me unless I was a licensed plumber!!
Have you ever heard of such a thing?????
Frank
P.S. I have a stubborn drip at one of the fittings on the brass
"tank T." I will plan to disconnect and re-tape. Anything I can do to
make sure it won't happen a second time?