Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Okay, I'm ignorant (or at least befuddled)

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:12:08 -0400, Hammy wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:41:30 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Okay, I went back looking for what I obviously missed. And I did
*completely* miss that section. shaking head Thanks again, Hammy. And
now I know not to use ceramic disks for the timing cap. Fortunately I also
have plenty of silver mica caps, which is one of the alternatives that
article recommends. And I am sure I have damaged the 555 chip. But I have
another. Maybe this time I'll do it right.

I'm learning, slowly.

Many thanks,

Dave

Others have pointed out some possible wiring errors you may want to
check.

The glaring thing to me was the low resistor values.

---
Nice catch.

JF