Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Marantz DV6200 No-Disk

Brasto wrote:
This Marantz DV6200 fails to play the DVD. It does plays CD's
perfectly, but using a DVD you can see the Laser head is trying to
focus, the tracking sled is moving towards the center of the DVD, the
disk spins up and this proces repeats itself 3 times and after that NO
DISK is displayed. The DVD cannot be removed using STOP/OPEN, I have
to reintialize main power.

Any suggestions what to troubleshoot and/or replace?

TIA
Brasto

You could try replacing the spindle motor. They usually sputter out quickly
on these machines. I think it's a Pioneer brand. Check for the Pioneer part
number stamped on the motor. Take note of the height of the spindle table
because you'll need to reinstall it closely to the original height on the
new motor.

Good luck.
--
David Farber