Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

Morris Dovey wrote:
On 4/12/2010 12:18 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder how many old computer jocks and card pushers
there are in this group :-). Is there some mystical connection between
computers and woodworking?

I guess I qualify except I don't consider myself "old"!!!

I actually used paper-tape (over a dumb-terminal) before I "graduated"
to punch cards.

I fully expect that my post-HS woodworking projects will be better my HS
projects of about 30 years ago, but it's hard to explain "why" in words.
I'm the same person, but somehow I'm a more learned person--that's one
of great things about staying young is you get to keep on learning!

Bill