Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

Ralph Mowery wrote:

wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:56:10 -0500, "Pete C."

Never had much luch with the F40 tubes either, and "green" t12s are

even worse. I'm down to only 3 of those disasters left in the house.

You can sort of blame the enviromental people. The new bulbs do not contain
enough mercury to really light off, especially if it gets cold.

I have "green" T8 4' fluros in my unheated shop and never have a problem
when it's near freezing. I also used regular 9W CFLs to light a 40'
cargo container which saw ambient temps below 0F, and had no issues
there either other then about a 90 second wait for them to reach full
brightness when it was that cold.